Friday, December 6, 2013

Money for...

When I was 12 my father took me to the local bank to open a Christmas Club account. I committed to depositing 50 cents per week, every week to save for next Christmas. 52 times .50 comes to $26 which was a tidy amount of money at that time considering NYC subway tokens sold for 15 cents. Imagine my excitement walking out of the bank 12 months later with all that "money for" Christmas gifts!

"Money for..." is a simple way to accumulate cash for a specific purpose - a new car, a long-deserved vacation, a supersized TV.

"Money for..."the opportunity to say "take this job, etc."

"Money for..."financial independence.

"Money for..."freedom to do as I please.

"Money for..." the relax and enjoy time of my life.

If I were to say to you: "now is the time to save for retirement", you might respond: "I'm never going to retire" or "I'm too young, I have plenty of time!" I can assure you that time flies and whatever your reason may be, now is the time to decide what you want "money for" and open that Christmas Club account.